Cortina Watch’s Personal Data Protection Policy
We at Cortina Watch take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. In addition, we also recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
This Data Protection Policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose and / or process the personal data you have provided to us. This will assist you in making an informed decision before providing us with any of your personal data.
If you, at any time have any enquiries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we manage, protect and / or process your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) at :
Cortina Watch Pte Ltd
391B Orchard Road #18-01
Ngee Ann City Tower B
Contact No : (65) 6339 9447
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include name, identification numbers, contact information, medical records*, photographs and video images.
By using the Website, you agree that whenever you submit personal information through the Website, Cortina Watch can collect, use and/or disclose that information in accordance with this Policy.
Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
Cortina Watch collects your personal information to understand your requirements and needs better. With this information, it will help us to improve our services and the way we could keep in touch with you.
We know that your personal data is important to you. We strive our utmost best to be open and transparent as far as possible in how we serve you.
We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented measures to protect your personal information.
Cortina Watch’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information with care.
Ways we collect your personal information:
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Make a purchase in any of our boutiques
- Voluntarily give us your personal information in any of our boutique
- Send your watch for after-sale service
- Participate with any banks in Singapore
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on Cortina Watch products’ brand and its functionality you may wish to know. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. We will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and / or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and / or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent. These are the examples:
- Your identity – This includes Your full name, NRIC number, Address, Country, Electronic address (email), mobile phone number, date of birth and gender.
- Your interaction with us – For example, during your conversation with one of our staff in our boutiques, an email or letter you sent to us.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & Administration of services
- Updating marketing and upcoming events or activity
- Personalised invite for special event
- Provide update of new products launches
- Giving you an official quotation on the servicing watch prices
- Informing you about the quotation or your time pieces ready for collection after
If you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process for the purpose of assessment. We may also collect information about you from your nominated referees when you have authorized us to do so.
Purposes for collection, use, disclosure and processing of personal data
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and / or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may / will need to process your personal data, including:
Provisioning & Administrative of services
- To maintain and update internal record keeping
- For internal administrative purposes
- To communicate with you, maintain and improve customer relationship in order to serve you better
- To access and provide product related knowledge, services that may be requested by you
- To establish your identity and background
- To respond to your compliments, enquiries, complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us
- Update you on your time pieces repair cost
- To share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes
- To share any of your Personal Data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and / or financial advice and / or for purposes of commencing legal action
- To comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us
- To enforce or defend our rights and your rights under the legislation and regulation
- For other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent
- To enable us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreement or document that we are a party to.
- To share your Personal Data with financial institutions necessary for the purpose of detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or
- To provide you with information and / or updates on our products, upcoming activity offered by us and / or events organized by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time.
- For all marketing activities such as festive greeting messages, event invitation, newsletter, product or brand novelty, via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and / or other appropriate communication channels, on- and off- line.
- To monitor, review and further enhance our events and promotions, products and / or services
- To facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns
- To send you personalised invitation to join our events, promotions and product launch events through our online and offline experience
- To share any of your Personal Data with our business partners to jointly launch marketing campaigns
As the purposes for which we may / will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not be covered above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
In order to conduct our business operations more smoothly, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and / or business associates whether in or outside Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated purposes. Such third party service providers, agent and or business associates would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated purposes.
Specific issues for the disclosure of personal data to third parties
We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us. Cortina Watch Pte Ltd does not share, sell or release any personal data collected to any individuals, companies, or groups. Any information we collected is used for Cortina Watch Pte Ltd’s own purposes as described in this PDPA policy.
Third party service providers include those who provide operational services such as telecommunication, information technology, printing, postal service, marketing promotions, and relevant government regulators to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority.
The third parties with whom we conduct business are only authorized to use your information to perform the service for which they are hired. As part of our agreement with them, they are required to follow the PDPA laws and policies that we provide, and to take reasonable measures to ensure your personal data is secured.
In this regard, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in situations including, but not limited to the following:
- Cases in which the disclosure is required or authorized based on the applicable laws and /or regulations
- Cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and your consent cannot be obtained within the limited time
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings by government agencies
- Cases in which the disclosure is to public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest, and / or
- Where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law
- Where we disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data
Request for access and / or Correction of personal data
For a request to access personal data, we will try to provide you with the relevant personal data within ten (10) working days from such a request being made.
Where a request cannot be complied with within the above time frame, we will inform you of the reasonably soonest time in which we will respond.
For a request to correct personal data, we will:
- Correct your personal data as soon as practicable after the request has been made unless we have reasonable grounds not to do so.
Depending on the scope and nature of the work required to process your access request, we may require to impose a fee to recover our administrative costs involved. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by our Data Protection Officer. Where such a fee is to be imposed, we will provide you with a written estimated fee for you to consider. Please note that we will only process your request once you have agreed to the payment of the fee. In certain cases, we may also require a deposit from you before we process the access request. You will be notified if a deposit is required in the written estimate of the fee, if any.
Request to withdraw consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and / or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request in the following Form C and using the online form set out therein.
We will process your request within ten (10) working days from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and thereafter not collect, use and / or disclose your personal data in the manner as stated in your request.
The collection of your Personal Data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the purposes for which your Personal Data is collected. Where it is obligatory for you to provide us with your Personal Data, and you fail or choose not to provide us with such data, or do not consent to the above or this Policy, we will not be able to provide our services to / or otherwise deal with you.
Administration and management of personal data
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete, if your personal data is likely to be used by Cortina Watch Pte Ltd to make a decision that affects you, or for disclosure to another organization. However, this means that you must update us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided to us. We will not be held responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided to us.
We have in place reasonable security measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakages, loss, damage and / or alteration of your personal data by third parties.
We have put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and / or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that :
- The purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and
- Retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
If you have any complaint or grievances with regard to how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with PDPA, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance in Form D and using the online form, set out therein.
Where it is an email or a letter through which you are submitting a complaint, your indication at the subject header that it is a PDPA complaint would assist us in attending to your complaint speedily.
Updates on data protection policy
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time to comply with PDPA.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Personal Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion. Any amended Personal Data Protection Policy will be reflected on this page.
Information such as IP addresses, cookies and web beacons collected
Information regarding your use and navigation on the Website may be passively collected (without you actively providing the information). Cortina Watch collect date about your computer and internet connection, including IP address, operating system and browser type. These information are statistical data about the users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Electronic images known also as web beacons might be used on the pages of the Website enabling Cortina Watch to count users who have visited those pages and/or for other related Website statistics. These web beacons are used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of the Website.
Cortina Watch uses HTTP cookies (“Cookies”) on the Website to improve your online experience.
Cookies allow to record data (information) from the use of the Website. The information are collected and stored on user’s own computer by the user’s web browser. The information collected can be used to personalise the online experience when using the Website, for example the Website will remember stateful information (item added to your wishlist) or record the browsing activity (logging in).
By using and accessing the Service provided by the Website, Cortina Watch places a number of cookies file in your web browser.
- To enable functions of the service
- To provide analytics
- To improve your online experience by remembering your preferences
- To enable an improved advertisements delivery including behavioral advertising.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use third-party cookies to report usage of statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service or other purposes as previously-mentioned above.
Technical cookies are necessary for the Website to work properly, thus they cannot be deactivated.